University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM/Cell & Developmental BiologyPostdoctoral Fellow
Position #00600416– Requisition 15008
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
Nature of Work:
This is a full time, Postdoctoral Associateposition in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology at the Universityof Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, in Aurora, CO. The fellow will report toDr. Ethan Hughes and will work in his research group. The positionwill focus on understanding the mechanisms underlying cortical remyelination.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Development and implementation of methods including in vivo multi-photon imaging, mousegenetics, and optogenetics.
- Performing experiments
- Write and prepare manuscripts for publication.
*The role offers substantial opportunities for professional growth inspeaking and writing, experimental design, data analysis and primarypublication. Ambition and independenceof thought and work are highly encouraged. The position will begin immediately.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- PhDin Neuroscience or other scientific discipline appropriate to the job.
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills in English
- Provenability to work independently within a research lab
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- This position requires knowledge and experience in cellular neuroscience, advanced microscopy, immunohistochemistry, survival surgery, image analysis, and programming.
- This position requires problem solving skills, as well as scientific aptitude and creativity.
- Candidates are expected to have a PhD in Neuroscience, or a closely related field.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to research from strong publications and letters of reference is required.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 26, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing