Dean of Mathematics, Science and Technology
Bergen Community College, the No. 1 institution in New Jersey for associate degree graduates four years in a row, serving a diverse student body on its suburban campus, has a leadership opportunity for a Dean of Mathematics, Science and Technology. The dean will plan and develop the instructional objectives for the Division of Mathematics, Science and Technology; lead department heads, coordinators and faculty in the development, implementation and evaluation of new and existing curricula; review facilities requirements and cost analyses. In collaboration with department chairs and faculty, the dean will oversee the development of annual goals consistent with the College’s strategic plan and for the systematic assessment of academic programs, departments and student learning. Additional responsibilities include recruitment, evaluation, reappointment of full-time faculty and staff; supervision of department heads, coordinators and staff; development and management of divisional budgets and facilities; grants development; High School programs; incorporation of technology and distance learning into instruction; supervision of discipline areas in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Horticulture, Industrial Design Technologies, Information Technology, Mathematics and Physics. This position reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Master’s Degree required; Doctorate preferred. Minimum of 7 years of higher education experience is required; 8 years preferred. 2 years of administrative experience as a department chair or higher; 3 years preferred. 2 years of community college teaching or administration in Mathematics, Science or Technology; 3 years preferred.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a community college and collective bargaining environment preferred.
- Technologically proficient in common office desktop software and familiarity with cloud-based collaborative software and platforms.
- nderstanding of the uses of information technology to deliver, monitor and evaluate programs and services for students.
- Supervisory experience and must possess strong management skills, including the ability to develop and administer budgets.
- Must have a to students and their development, both individually and collectively; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment including a team approach to
- Ability to manage multiple departments; knowledge of disciplinary and judicial processes.
- Strong knowledge of academic affairs and student affairs and a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.
- Demonstrates of the community college mission.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code DEAN-MATH), curriculum vitae, salary requirements, transcripts and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by March 25, 2019. Send materials by e-mail with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer / Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace