Account Manager and Strategist
Job location: Hyde Park Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-07
Department71684 UChicago CreativeAbout the UnitUChicago Creative is the in-house agency at the University of Chicago. Like the community we're part of, we are a team of creative thinkers who thrive on challenges and excel at producing innovative solutions. Our expertise spans strategic assessment and brand positioning to creative direction and development to production and distribution. We partner with departments and units across campus to create communications that reach their goals while advancing the University’s reputation. We capture the voice and vision of the University through a variety of media, including print, photography, video, and digital media. We address a full spectrum of creative challenges and develop solutions that may include a simple postcard to a fully integrated marketing campaign.Job Information
UChicago Creative is seeking an Account Manager to build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with our campus partners. The Account Manager’s role is to operate as the lead point of contact for matters specific to the agency accounts. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams to continuously improve the entire client experience.
- Ensure business growth and retention. Identify opportunities for new creative, create campaigns and programs for on-going work.
- Oversee a portfolio of top tier clients, determine objectives for upcoming fiscal quarters, offer strategic solutions to marketing and communications challenges.
- Construct project proposals and finalize agreements.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and client stakeholders.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all client account management matters.
- Generate thorough creative briefs for the client and internal creative teams. Ensure the timely and successful delivery of creative according to client needs and objectives.
- Work with Operations and Finance to monitor account financials, revenue forecasting, reconcile account activity.
- Participate in client review process, especially for larger exploratory projects, new clients, top tier clients.
- Partner with Project Manager to obtain project schedules and estimates, keep apprised of project health (budgets, schedules, scope), field questions and issues directly with client.
- Lead, galvanize and motivate the internal team. Promote best practices, provide a strategic viewpoint, shape the values and broader business approach for the agency.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Possess an understanding of and experience with multi-channel campaigns including print/collateral, thought leadership editorial, social media, video, and digital executions.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- BA/BS degree in related field required
- 5 to 7 years agency experience as an Account Manager and/or Client Service Manager, with an emphasis in creative and campaign strategy.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proficiency in project management and collaboration tools such as Basecamp, time tracking and project monitoring tools such as Harvest, Google Suite and/or Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point), CRM tools such as Hubspot a plus.
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the applicationBenefit EligibilityYesPay FrequencyMonthlyPay RangeDepends on QualificationsScheduled Weekly Hours37.5UnionNon-UnionJob is Exempt?YesDrug Test Required?NoDoes this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?NoHealth Screen Required?NoPosting Date2019-03-07-08:00Remove from Posting On or Before2019-09-07-07:00Posting Statement:The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.