Vice President for University Advancement and Foundation Executive Officer
Eastern Illinois University seeks applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for University Advancement and Foundation Executive Officer (VPUA and FEO). The VPUA and FEO reports to the President, serves on the President’s Council and has leadership, administrative and budgetary responsibilities for an integrated internal and external university advancement program. The program includes; fundraising; development; alumni relations; and Board of Trustees relations. The VPUA and FEO also is responsible for the supervision, coordination and administration of the Office of University Advancement, and serves as the chief liaison officer with the EIU-Board of Trustees, EIU-Foundation Board of Directors and the EIU-Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants must hold a Baccalaureate degree (Master’s degree preferred) and
• significant experience in a higher education setting with demonstrated success in leading and managing development/fundraising activities;
• demonstrated leadership ability to deal effectively and collaboratively with a diverse and broad range of constituencies both on and off campus and the skills necessary to lead a dynamic university division;
• outstanding oral and written communication skills;
• administrative and budgetary experience in a higher educational setting;
• commitment to fostering diversity among faculty, staff, and across the entire campus community;
• commitment and capacity to build, as well as sustain, relationships across diverse stakeholder groups;
• demonstrated ability to convert opportunities into results that advance EIU’s mission.
For a complete position description and information on Eastern Illinois University, please visit: http//www.eiu.edu/vpuasearch/
Start Date: July 1, 2019 or sooner upon availability
Application Process: Review of completed applications will begin April 5, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. A complete application includes a letter of application specifically addressing the applicant’s strengths and experience relative to the qualifications and responsibilities of the position; a current resume; and the names and contact information of five professional references.
Applications materials should be addressed to Dr. Jay Gatrell, Chair, EIU-VPUA Search Committee and uploaded to the Interfolio link at apply.interfolio.com/61113
Enrolling more than 7500 students, Eastern Illinois University is a regional comprehensive institution offering over 60 undergraduate degree programs and more than 30 graduate degree programs, as well as ten post-baccalaureate certificate programs. Eastern has consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the #1 regional comprehensive institution in Illinois. Eastern prepares more undergraduates who go on to earn doctoral degrees than any other master's college/university in Illinois, according to a recent National Science Foundation survey.
Eastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran - committed to achieving a diverse community.