Information and Emerging Technology Services Department Head
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver Auraria LibraryInformation and Emerging Technology Services, Department HeadPosition #300194 – Requisition #15577
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Auraria Library has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Information and Emerging Technology Services, Department Head position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown.Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. ReadCU Denver Quick Facts here.
Learn more about the Auraria Library https://library.auraria.edu/about
The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library is searching for an innovative and user-focused Information and Emerging Technology Services, Department Head. The Information and Emerging Technology Services (IETS) Department Head serves as Auraria Library’s head technology strategist. This position oversees the Library’s $350,000 technology budget to maximize the use of available resources and works with staff across the Library to ensure the highest level of engagement and effectiveness. The IETS Department consists of 8 full-time staff and 10-12 student employees.
The Library supports students, faculty and staff from the Auraria Campus’s three institutions of higher education; the Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and the University of Colorado Denver.The Department Head liaises with the Campus community to ensure that the Library is meeting the technological needs of its users.
Information and Emerging Technology Services Department functional areas:
- Web services
- The department provides web development, maintenance, and administrative support to the library website and other public/internal facing applications.
- Desktop and IT infrastructure support services
- The department provides computing and infrastructure technology services to Library users and staff.
- Emerging and creative technology services
- The department provides services such as 3D printing, video production, photography lab, large format printing, graphic design, and digitization. The department also supports multiple spaces including the Innovation Garage, Digital Media Studio and the Discovery Wall.
Salary and Benefits:
$90,000-$100,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
- Bachelor's in computer science, information systems, engineering, educational technology, library science or related field.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for web services, IT infrastructure, desktop support, creative and emerging technologies, or related field.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, educational technology, library science or related field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience leading projects in a higher education or library setting.
- Experience with federated identity management services.
- Ability to lead organizational change, inspire innovation, manage multiple priorities, and delegate responsibility appropriately.
- Commitment to the cultivation of an environment of collegiality, respect, and teamwork while building effective partnerships.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to the students, faculty, and staff of the Auraria Campus.
- Ability to communicate with, work effectively with, and leverage unique strengths of a diverse staff to set and accomplish organizational and departmental goals.
- Confident in working collaboratively across the Library and across Campus, to use technology in the creation of rich learning experiences.
- Strong theoretical, conceptual, and practical understanding of the role of libraries in higher education including knowledge of library services/outreach, information resources, research lifecycle, and technology trends.
- Knowledge about digital scholarship engagement/opportunities, integrated library systems, digital repositories, and understanding of the trends related to the ongoing development of such services and systems.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jan 23, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing