LPN - Oncology Cancer Center
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-18
Responsible for providing patient care health teaching and a safe environment to patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting or in the patient’s home as directed by physicians and registered nurses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the registered nurse and/or physician through data collection concerning the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Implements age appropriate interventions based on individual patient’s needs as directed by the registered nurse/physician.
- Assists in evaluating the effectiveness of care given in progressing patient toward desired outcomes.
- Assists in developing and implementing patient/family teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care.
Education: Graduated from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse Program.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required. May require a valid Virginia Driver's License (VADL).
Job may require standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking and bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.