Digital Content and Public Relations Manager
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000867 Job Title: Digital Content and Public Relations Manager PS Position#: 00000254 Position Status: Full-Time Salary: Starting salary range of $47,622 - $52,384 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C43. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience. Classification: Administrative Department: Marketing & Public Affairs POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Digital Content and Public Relations Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Public Affairs. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining full spectrum integrated messaging for the College across all media channels in a manner that supports enrollment, favorably promotes the College to its constituents, and pursues media coverage that effectively supports the mission, goals, and programs of the College.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage, and curate content for all the College’s communications channels: website, digital marketing, social media, press releases, print, and digital publications such as newsletters and magazines.
- Collaboratively work to align website content with digital marketing content produced by Marketing and Public Affairs.
- Develop, maintain, evolve, and publish the College’s annual report, magazines, employee newsletter, and maintain working editorial and press calendars.
- Enhance the College’s reputation across the region, state, and nation through timely articles or editorial proposals, programs or program proposals, to print, broadcast, online, and other news outlets.
- Monitor media outlets for media mentions relevant to the College and its interests.
- Evaluate the College’s news coverage and messaging, recommend opportunities for improvement, and work to maintain positive relationships with area media representatives.
- Work with the Director to develop and implement the College’s emergency communications plans.
- Work with the Director to create and implement public relations events beneficial to communicating the College’s mission and promoting goodwill throughout the College’s service area: community forums and dialogs, press conferences, legislative receptions, etc.
- Develop and communicate important, critical, and/or emergent messages that affect students, and which are sent through the College’s student notification system.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Prepare regular reports of activities
- Travel off-campus as needed for interviews, research, and training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- At least three (3) years experience in web content and/or digital communication; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in media relations, standard journalism practices, editorial calendar management, and generation of press releases
- Understanding of digital analytics strategies, reporting, and marketing applications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write and create accurate and enticing content based on research and collaboration with subject matter experts in a manner that is appropriate for multiple fields of study across a diverse institutional system.
- Possess the creative ability to revise existing content and create new and engaging written content for the college website, print, and digital applications
- Proven ability to write clear, dynamic, engaging, compelling, and effective digital content in a variety of styles/voices while remaining appropriate to target audiences
- Ability to write using multiple forms (stories, photo stories, video scripts)
- Excellent time management skills; ability to proactively manage multiple assignments of various sizes and scopes, and to manage workload and deadlines effectively
- Excellent written communication skills with an exacting knowledge of AP Style and English writing conventions (grammar, syntax, punctuation, and style)
- Openness to editing and ability to rework copy to incorporate editing suggestions
- Knowledge of web content management systems and computer applications for publishing, image handling, and web production
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and 5PM workflow management a plus
- Ability to work independently and productively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of both MacOSX and PC systems, working knowledge of current publishing and graphic industry standard software, including Adobe CSS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), digital publishing platforms such as Constant Contact, Scanner Software, and Photography/Digital Photography
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in communications, journalism, or related field?
- * Do you have at least three (3) years of experience in web content and/or digital communication; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience?
- * Do you have at least three (3) years of experience in media relations, standard journalism practices, editorial calendar management, and generation of press releases?
- * Are you available to work evenings and weekends as needed?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Images of Your Artwork
- Link and/or Access to Electronic Portfolio