Executive Director of Facilities
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000865 Job Title: Executive Director of Facilities PS Position#: Position Status: Full-Time Salary: Starting salary range of $90,000 - $99,000 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, E81. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience. Classification: Administrative Department: Maintenance POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Plan, organize, and supervise assigned functions in the installation, repair, renovation, modification, maintenance, construction, etc., of campus facilities, including buildings and site infrastructure.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and organize assigned function(s) to assure that required, requested, and planned repairs, modifications, installations, renovations, and other maintenance activities are properly accomplished.
- Create, implement, and maintain the Physical Plant annual budget. Monitor compliance and budgetary constraint. Forecast and plan facility improvements.
- Monitor workload, service order backlog, and scheduling issues within the department.
- Determine the appropriate balance between immediate response repair needs and longer term projects for maintenance or alterations.
- Manage and enhance the data systems for work orders, budget control, and management information.
- Prepare, develop, and otherwise maintain records, reports, recommendations, evaluations, etc., reflecting the conditions under which facility operations are carried out.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Set climate for professional growth and development. Organize and plan the training of all skilled and support personnel.
- Ensure the purchase of parts, materials, equipment, supplies, etc., are in accordance with College and departmental procedures. Verify the receipt and/or acceptance of purchased items as authorization for payment.
- Coordinate the activities of assigned function(s) with other physical facilities, College organizational units, and subcontractors as necessary.
- Work with professional consultants for the implementation of projects by outside contractors.
- Manage asbestos remediation plans and coordinate with consultants as needed for any project.
- Approve the activities of contract personnel and services in assigned area of responsibility as required to assure that satisfactory and acceptable performance standards, specifications, material and labor cost, work schedules, etc., are maintained. Authorize payment for contracted services in accordance with College and departmental procedures.
- Develop and ensure implementation of planned preventive maintenance schedules and activities to ensure prolonged life and usefulness of operating equipment and facilities and minimize breakdowns or failures of such equipment and facilities.
- Interpret and enforce work rules, rules of conduct, performance standards, College and departmental policies, procedures, regulations, etc., among assigned employees.
- Prepare cost estimates on requested or planned projects involving area of responsibility for approval.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a related field
- Ten (10) years of related work experience
- Five (5) years of supervisory/administrative level facilities maintenance and/or construction environment experience
- Previous experience working in an educational setting
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts are required upon hire.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a related field?
- * Do you have ten (10) years of related work experience?
- * Do you have five (5) years of supervisory/administrative level facilities maintenance and/or construction environment experience?
- * Do you have previous experience working in an educational setting?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document