Southeast Georgia Health System Distinguished Dean of Nursing, Health Sciences and Education
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Southeast Georgia Health System Distinguished Dean of Nursing, Health Sciences and Education Posting Number A00049 Employment Type Full-Time Benefits Available Yes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Southeast Georgia Health System Distinguished Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences is responsible to the VPAA for administering and supervising the total work of the respective School, including the annual evaluation of faculty and staff. The Dean is the academic leader of the School and is responsible for overall direction for a pre-licensure baccalaureate program in nursing, and an RN to BSN program along with the supervision of associate degree programs in nursing and radiologic sciences. The Dean will be a responsible for leading program design, faculty development, assessment and special programmatic accreditation. The Dean will foster and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships with area hospitals, health organizations, and the broader community.Essential Duties
- Responsibility for shaping the College’s Bachelors of Science in Health Science, Radiology pre-licensure track, accelerated baccalaureate in nursing, and RN-to-BSN programs while overseeing the associate degree programs in nursing and radiologic science.
- Persuasively articulate the vision, mission and goals of the Nursing and Health Science programs as well as the College of Coastal Georgia;
- Continue developing resources for expanding the Nursing and Health Sciences programs;
- Oversee assessment, develop or revise academic programs, and implement procedures and processes that enable the College to meet goals and standards in Nursing and the Health Sciences;
- Effectively and efficiently develop and manage the budget and the faculty and staff resources allocated to the Nursing and Health Sciences programs;
- Provide effective leadership and advocacy for the Nursing and Health Sciences programs and the faculty within the college and local community;
- Recruits, supervises, and evaluates school faculty; makes recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs on matters related to hiring, promotion, tenure, and terms of employment.
- Resolves problems with faculty, staff and students.
- Plans and prepares the scheduling of classes in collaboration with Department Chairs.
- Actively promote inclusion and diversity in the staff, faculty, and student populations;
- Lead collaboratively in a manner that promotes a supportive, responsive working and learning environment;
- Arranges and maintains contractual agreements with cooperating community agencies.
- Promote ideas, foster innovation, encourage scholarship and demonstrate respectful leadership.
- This position is designated by the institution as a Position of Trust.
The Dean must hold an earned doctorate, be eligible for licensure in Georgia, and possess a record of teaching and scholarship that warrants appointment at the rank of associate professor. The Dean’s position receives support and significant recognition through its endowment from and partnership with the Southeast Georgia Health System.
The Dean will have:
- The ability to foster strong, collaborative partnerships with area hospitals, health organizations and the broader community;
- A strong background in program design, faculty development and accreditation;
- Experience developing and managing Nursing, Health Sciences and Radiology programs.
- Experience with development and implementation of processes and procedures and with program planning and assessment that enables the program to achieve goals and standards;
- A collegial leadership style that promotes a supportive, responsive working and learning environment for faculty, staff and students;
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- An understanding of budgetary processes and procedures and personnel management;
- The ability to recruit, retain, and develop talented faculty;
- A commitment to promote diversity among faculty, staff and student populations;
- The ability to listen to divergent views while building consensus and collegiality;
- The highest standards of personal and professional integrity and credibility.
- Experience with multi-campus institutions.
- Experience in fundraising and advancement initiatives.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 03/06/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess an earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education?
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Leadership Philosophy
- Service Learning Philosophy
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 1
- Other Documents 2