ASC Assistant Director
ASC Assistant Director
Dept. Number/Name: 0-3865-000 / Academic Success Center
College Division: Student Success-Undergraduate Studies
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9510 / Assistant Director
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $60,000
Position Number: 00029144
The USF Writing Studio is one of three major student success services that make up the Academic Success Center and is a dynamic partner in the Tampa Library Learning Commons. Through writing center practice and outreach, the Studio looks to understand the role of writing at USF and adapt to meet diverse needs of students, faculty, and staff. The Studio also seeks to provide a safe and open space for the university community to strengthen their writing skills through experimentation, engaged discussion, and practice.
The Assistant Director of the Academic Success Center (ASC) reports to the ASC Director and is responsible for the leadership of the Writing Studio. The major function of the Assistant Director is oversight of all Studio activities including recruitment, training, and supervision of all student employees, undergraduate and graduate, who function as writing consultants and reception desk staff. Other duties will involve working with the ASC in the management of budgets, working collaboratively with the English Department and other academic departments who support writing consultants, and networking with other appropriate college groups and departments. This position will also be required to develop and teach two courses per year for English in peer-tutor training and/or Writing Studio theory and pedagogy, and possible participation in English committees.
- Oversee recruitment, credentialing, training and supervision of undergraduate and graduate student staff.
- In collaboration with the English Department, develop and teach undergraduate courses designed to prepare undergraduate peer Writing Consultants.
- Oversee the development and monitoring of schedules for Writing Consultants and other student staff.
- Support department or unit responsibilities for orientation and other program marketing. Oversee web and social media presence.
- Manage quantitative and qualitative data to produce reports for internal and external use including accreditation reviews. Develop reports and prepare presentations about the program, instructional activity, program planning, etc.
- Oversee use of instructional technologies in support of all Writing Studio programs.
- Serve as a liaison with other academic and administrative departments regarding the program and represent the program on cross-functional teams, policy committees, and work groups.
- Perform other administrative and analytical duties as assigned in support of the academic mission of the Academic Success Center.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years related exempt experience or a Master's degree with a minimum of one year of related exempt experience.
PhD in Composition and/or Writing Studies, writing center or program administration experience, and a strong record in research and teaching.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 20073
Posting Date: 02/26/2019
Posting End Date: 03/18/2019
To apply, please visit: https://gems.fastmail.usf.edu:4440/psp/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=20073&PostingSeq=1
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.