Social Sciences Librarian/ Senior Assistant Librarian
1. As a member of the University Library’s Teaching and Learning (TAL) Department, take a lead role in creating information-literacy focused learning opportunities and experiences for the following academic programs: American Indian Studies, Anthropology, Border and Regional Studies, Criminology, Environmental Studies, Ethnic Studies, Geography, Global Studies, Political Science, Sociology and Sociological Practice, and Social Sciences. This includes planning, teaching, and assessing information literacy and related instruction, as well as the proactive development of collaborative partnerships with faculty to provide such instruction.
2. Provide discipline-specific reference and research help to students, faculty, staff in the aforementioned programs, as well as the general public. Provide general reference and research help to the CSUSM campus community, including some nights and weekends.
3. Actively participate as a member of the TAL in the development, teaching, and assessment of instruction to first-year students.
4. Provide leadership in the development of the social sciences collections. Work with faculty in the various departments to ensure that the Library collection supports their curricular offerings. Prepare program review documents and other reports as needed.
5. Pursue a strong research agenda within the field of academic librarianship or job-related field.
6. Actively participate in library, university and/or professional-level service commitments.
Apply for Social Sciences Librarian/ Senior Assistant Librarian
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly