Biomedical Equp Tech-Dialysis
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-06
Responsible for maintenance and calibration of dialysis related medical equipment.
- Completes preventive maintenance (PM) on medical equipment.
- Completes repairs on minor to complex medical equipment.
- Maintains UVA medical equipment inventory system.
- Complies with all safety rules, codes, practices and policies.
- Performs initial inspections on medical equipment.
- Provides technical support of dialysis related equipment and collaborates with clinical engineering staff to assist in dialysis equipment repair as needed.
- Performs routine disinfection of equipment.
- Obtains water and dialysate cultures per CMS guidelines and departmental policies, and appropriately reports and addresses results outside of acceptable parameters.
- Attend monthly QAPI meetings.
- Trend technical and environmental data related to the water system.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies/parts.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School or Equivalent required.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: Valid Virginia Driver’s License required
Job requires sitting and standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping and walking (distance: 1 – 2 miles/day), reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive), driving, and on-call rotation. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, blood/body fluids, infectious disease and dust.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.