Part-time Faculty Physics
Job location: Rockville Campus - Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus - Germantown Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-04-30
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty PhysicsJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Department of Engineering, Physical, and Computer Sciences is currently accepting applications for openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Physics Courses. This position could teach at any of our three campuses – Germantown, Rockville, or Takoma Park/Silver Spring.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach physics courses.
- Conduct assigned classes in accordance with the catalog description, the course syllabi, and the stipulations of the College.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Participate, when possible, in departmental meetings.
- Hold every scheduled class, including the final examination, the full scheduled number of minutes during the scheduled time in the scheduled location.
- Maintain standards of teaching consistent with the standards of the department and the College.
- Submit a copy of the syllabi, along with the course materials, to the department.
- Submit midterm and final grades on time.
- Return final exams to the department.
- Participate in alternate assignments as needed by the department.
- Master’s Degree in Physics or a related field or discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Minimum of one semester of teaching experience (Graduate school teaching assistance is acceptable).
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods.
- Use of technology in instruction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated currency in the discipline.
- Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.