Posting InformationPosting Information Posting Number2019301Posting/Functional TitleCommunity and Social Service Specialists, OtherUniversity Pay Plan TitleGrant SpecialistLocationAustinDepartmentEducational Talent SearchRecruitment TypeUniversity Employees OnlyJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$2,500.00 - $2,834.00Job Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Knowledge of: subject matter pertaining to grant; descriptive statistics; office policies and procedures; applicable legislation and regulations for project.
Skill in: interacting courteously with others; operation of applicable office software; establishing rapport with others; multitasking.
Ability to: understand descriptive statistics; communicate effectively both written and orally; supervise others; prepare clear, concise, and grammatically correct reports.
Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education or any other related field.Job Description
Responsible for providing professional support to a grant.Job Duties
Gather, interpret, and evaluate data.
Define procedures to meet goals of grant.
Monitor and adjust strategies.
Develop and write narratives for fliers, publications, press releases, and training materials.
Assist in developing and administering surveys.
Assist with compilation of survey results.
Establish contacts with community.
Make and record observations and measurements.
Set up and operate apparatus or equipment.
Conduct specified phases of research projects.
Prepare and conduct workshops with target groups.
Write evaluation reports.
Supervise clerical staff, student workers, and volunteers.
Maintains project database.
Document and record services provided by project.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you a current Texas State University employee?
- As a Texas State University employee have you been in your current position for six (6) months?