Extension Communications Coordinator - Boone County
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Extension Communications Coordinator - Boone County Requisition Number RE17498 Working Title Department Name 81313: KCES District 3 Work Location Burlington, KY Grade Level 00 Salary Range Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
No set minimum requirements.Click here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.Required License/Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, pulling objects up to 50 pounds; sitting for long periods of time.Shift
Days (9:00am-5:30pm) Monday-Friday; occasional nights, weekends or holidays may be required. There will be no overtime.Job Summary
Job Title: Extension Communications Coordinator
Location: Burlington, KY – Boone County
As the Extension Communications Coordinator, you will be responsible for directing the communications strategy and objectives of the Boone County Cooperative Extension Service. You will report to the Extension County Manager and there will be a high level of interaction with the general public. The Communications Coordinator will be expected to be knowledgeable of the philosophy, goals and objectives, policies and procedures of the Cooperative Extension Service. General duties include enhancing media exposure of Extension, providing leadership and expertise in the area of communication, working with community leaders and office staff while conducting yourself in a professional manner. All efforts of the Communications Coordinator will ensure that all youth and adults have an equal opportunity to participate in extension programs regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Education requirements: High school/ GED required; Bachelors Degree in Communications or related preferred.
Salary Range: $16.00 – $18.00 / hourSkills / Knowledge / Abilities Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
Experience in Communications or Marketing preferred.Deadline to Apply 03/25/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your highest level of education completed.
- No High School diploma or GED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- * How many years of experience do you have with marketing and communications?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please indicate your involvement/experience with UK Cooperative Extension.
- Worked for Cooperative Extension
- Volunteered for Cooperative Extension
- Participated in programming presented by Cooperative Extension
- No involvement with Cooperative Extension
- * What experience have you had in the area of communications?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Local print media
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter