Business & Technology Applications Technician
Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleBusiness & Technology Applications TechnicianBand LevelJourneyWorking TitleBusiness & Technology Applications TechnicianSalary Range$37,230 - $94,753Anticipated Hiring Range$50,000 - $57,000Salary Grade Equivalency69Position Number00107219Work ScheduleFlexible, TBD with supervisorDoes the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department062001 - Institute For Trans Research &DepartmentInstitute for Transportation Research and EducationJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
ITRE is an institutional research center administered by North Carolina State University. Located within the University’s visionary Centennial Campus, ITRE conducts surface, water, and air transportation research, while providing professional training and educational opportunities. The Institute serves all 16 statewide campuses in the University of North Carolina (UNC) system and partners with transportation professionals around the globe.
The University of North Carolina, Office of the President, designated ITRE in a Memorandum of Understanding to work in partnership with the Technical University of Lisbon in the area of Transportation and Environment. ITRE became a member of the North Carolina Transportation Consortium in 2002, and was the lead institute for the Southeastern Transportation Center (a USDOT University Transportation Center) from 1989-1995.
The Institute for Transportation Research and Education (ITRE) is a university-based institute committed to leadership in the study of surface and air transportation issues through fostering analytical thinking, integrating technology in education and research, serving as a catalyst for problem solving, and cultivating professionals and students dedicated to excellence in transportation.Essential Job Duties
The Business & Technology Application Technician will help conduct research projects that primarily have a tool development component. The Technician will attend project team meetings and assist with tool and database development tasks.Other Work/ResponsibilitiesMinimum Experience/Education
Associate’s Degree in Computer Programming; or Bachelor’s Degree with nine credit hours in programming; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Capability to program in Java, Java Script, and Python
- Experience working with MySQL and know SQL language
- Knowledge of HTML and web programming
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members (staff and students) on tool development projects.
- Must be able to work with a wide array of people, from upper management supervising application development to students who assist with programming tasks.
- Must be able to document code and develop user’s manuals or guides for applications developed at ITRE.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Associates degree or higher in computer science or related area.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating system as our platforms are running RedHat OS.Required License or Certification
Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.Job Open Date09/25/2018Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)10/02/2018Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAlternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Business & Technology Applications Technician.
- Associate's degree in computer programming or related area
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any major with at least nine semester hours in computer programming
- Combination of post-high school education/experience with 9+ semester hours in computer programming and/or related experience to equal 2+ years (ex: 1 yr of college & 1 yr of experience; or 2 yrs related education)
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal 6 years (ex. 3 years of high school and 3 years of related experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have experience programming in Java, Java Script, and Python or other related programming languages?
- Yes, I have experience programming in these languages
- Yes, I have experience programming in a related language
- No, I do not have experience programming in these or related languages
- * Do you have experience using HTML?
- * Please describe your relevant web programming experience below.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Short Writing Sample
- Other Document (1)
- Other Document (2)
- Other Document (3)