Peer Tutor (Student Support Services)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Peer Tutor (Student Support Services) Location Alpine Department Student Support Services Department Job No. Posting Date 08/30/2018 End Date Until Filled Yes Appointment Date Salary 7.25/hr Required
- Be enrolled at SRSU: achieve an A or a B in the course to be tutored.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate competency with others
- Possess characteristics of responsibility; desire to help others, flexibility.
- Have a flexible time schedule including evenings.
- Able to work 20 hours/week
- Bilingual skills preferred; background similar to project participants.
- Be involved in campus clubs and organizations.
- Assist students in developing competency in course work.
- Provide one-on-one support and encouragement to help the student develop an increased sense of confidence in his/her own abilities.
- Encourage students to become independent learners by suggesting more adequate study tools.
- Complete required time sheets and record keeping forms.
- Participate in tutor orientation and training sessions.
- Report directly to and attend regularly scheduled meetings with SSS Project Director
- Assist in administration of pre-test and periodic assessment of student progress.
Contact Information: Judith Loya 837-8476 or [email protected]
Pick up required application from FH 105
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination, and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).