Part-time Nursing Adjunct Faculty
We are looking for a part-time Nursing Adjunct Faculty to provide effective learning experiences in the classroom, clinical, and/or laboratory for students with diverse interests and abilities. Teaching, training, and/or laboratory duties will be performed under the supervision of the Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences. Part-time faculty appointments are made on a per semester basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester. Teaching may include didactic, clinical, and laboratory instructions.
- With the assistance of the Dean, select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials. Also, provide Dean with syllabus before posting for final approval.
- Provide instructional support to students by meeting with them during office hours.
- Refer students, when appropriate, to CLAS (Center for Learning and Academic Support) or Bay State College counseling services.
- Participate, when appropriate, in schedule building, equipment and material orders, report preparation, and the formation and meetings of program advisory boards.
- Maintain grade records as required by the College.
- Submit copies of all student grades to the Registrar by the assigned deadline at the end of each semester.
- Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement, and use departmental assessments as provided. Administer assessments (e.g., ATI) designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Meet all the classes for the scheduled time.
- Take attendance and submit attendance reports after each class.
- Provide data to the Dean of Nursing or Associate Dean of Academic Affairs to advance Bay State College's retention efforts.
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns, and problems.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Participate in faculty workshops, orientations, and other training as required.
- Perform other duties request by the Dean of Nursing.
QUALIFICATION: Must have a master's degree in Nursing and a valid, unencumbered MA registered nurse license.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent written communication skills. Proficient in the use of active learning strategies. Ability to interact effectively with diverse student populations and a wide variety of co-workers. Ability to manage situations of potential interpersonal conflict requiring tact, diplomacy, and discretion. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to organize and express ideas, directions, and data in a logical sequence to describe a process, or explain procedures. Ability to deal with abstract and concrete concepts. Ability to verbalize understanding of a problem or situations, ask relevant questions for clarifications and explain it to others. Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively with students and co-workers verbally and by telephone.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal office/classroom conditions. Meets the physical requirements of healthcare facility if providing clinical instruction.
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Boston, MA
Education: Master's degree in Nursing (Require). Valid, unencumbered MA registered nurse license.
How to Apply: If qualified please submit a cover letter, CV and three references via email, indicating the position in subject line to Cheryl M. McInerney MSN, RN-BC, Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences at [email protected]
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a Mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State College seeks candidates who will be leaders in fulfilling that Mission.
No phone calls, please.
Bay State is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.