Executive Director, Randall Lewis Center for Well-Being and Research
Job Vacancy AnnouncementPosition Information Functional Title Executive Director, Randall Lewis Center for Well-Being and Research Position Type Administrative/Professional Appointment Type Regular FTE %
100%Work Schedule (if atypical)
Monday through Friday, 8 am- 5pm, with occasional eveningsJob Description Summary
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
Reporting directly to the Provost, The Executive Director will have a commitment to the University of La Verne’s mission of holistic student learning and community-engaged education, and be passionate about the Center’s bold vision to position the University as a regional leader in wellness education, physical and mental health evaluation, and sustainability and well-being programming and research.
The Executive Director collaborates with constituencies across campus to develop, implement, and assess programs related to health, nutrition, food systems sustainability, and well-being with an emphasis on prevention and advocacy among students. The Executive Director will also collaborate with faculty to promote and prioritize health and food systems-related research projects. The incumbent will also provide strategic direction and administrative oversight over the center and expand and manage new and existing external community partnerships in ways that impact the greater surrounding region.Specific Duties
- Work with faculty on research associated with the Center.
- Responsible for grant writing to further the mission and programs of the Center.
- Both on campus and in the surrounding communities, the Executive Director will function as the voice of wellness and well-being while working to build and maintain an effective network of community partnership.
- Serve as Community Partner Liaison by maintaining relationship and agreements with community partners; connect partners with our faculty for external research opportunities.
- Collaborate on ongoing program development for the Center with other University units.
- Participate on the President’s Health Advisory Council (PHAC). Chair the Faculty Research Council to select and support proposals for research.
- Participate in other University committees.
- Supervise the Lewis Center Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A terminal degree in public health, nutrition, mental health, health education, or a related field.
- Must have a record of research and scholarship appropriate to the rank of Associate or Full Professor.
- Must have a proven track record of effective leadership, management, staff development, and coalition-building.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health needs and access issues of underserved populations of Inland Southern California.
- Possess extensive knowledge across disciplines on current health and food systems issues.
- Must be a passionate and articulate voice on health, sustainability, and well-being topics.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience writing grants.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited). Location La Verne Central Campus Posting Detail Information Posting Number 2018-190544SA Special Instructions to Applicants Open Date Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3