Accounting Visiting Assistant Professor
*Applications will be reviewed beginning January 14, 2019*
*Start Date: September 1, 2019*
- A doctorate in Accounting is preferred.
- Those who are ABD or with master’s degrees, CPA/CMA or equivalent significant corporate experience will be considered.
- We seek candidates that support our mission (http://about.byuh.edu/mission) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 33 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and/or Accounting Information Systems.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching.The individual should be fully committed to student learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework) and may also be asked to help develop and/or teach online courses.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church in the Asia-Pacific area and throughout the world.
- This Visiting Faculty position is for a 1-year contract for the 2019-2020 academic year. This position is a Visiting Faculty position and is not intended to transition to a full-time, permanent faculty position.
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Online Application Form.
- A letter of application and current vitae.
- Three references including names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Letters of recommendation will be requested from finalists. Letter writers must send their letters directly to facultyposit[email protected].
- Employment confidential report form (https://hr.byuh.edu/sites/hr.byuh.edu/files/Ecclesiastical%20Endorsement_0.pdf). These forms should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader or applicant (if non-LDS) to [email protected] or the address listed below.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received.
- Optional - A link to a 10 minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.*
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Email: [email protected]
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Accounting Visiting Assistant Professor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly