Visiting Professor of Economics
Position: Visiting Professor of Economics
Department: Business Management
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Visiting Faculty
Job Category: Faculty
Position Summary: Brigham Young University-Hawaii invites applications for a Visiting Faculty position in the Business Management Department to begin September 2019 (Fall Semester).
The successful candidate will be qualified to teach ECON 200 (Principles of Microeconomics) and ECON 201 (Principles of Macroeconomics), courses required for students majoring in Business Management, Hospitality & Tourism, and Accounting, among others. An ability to teach other closely related business subjects is desirable, as it is expected that the instructor may also teach additional courses within the Business Management Area.
This Visiting Faculty position is for a 1-year contract for the 2019-2020 academic year. Teaching load will be roughly 33 credit hours across the Fall, Winter, and Spring semesters. Additional responsibilities may include advising students, and other department and university assignments.
This position is a Visiting Faculty position and is not intended to transition to a full-time, permanent faculty position.
BYUH’s internationally diverse student body and focused mission create a unique environment which emphasizes instructional excellence, leadership development, and lifetime learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework).
Qualifications: A relevant master’s degree in economics or a related field is required. An earned doctorate in economics is preferred. Industry experience related to economics is also desirable. Experience teaching at a university required.
We seek candidates who support the BYU-Hawaii “Learn, Lead, Build” mission (http://about.byuh.edu/mission) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually to prepare them for service to their families, their community, and the Church in the Asia-Pacific area and throughout the world.
As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
Benefits: Rank and salary depend on qualifications and experience.
Procedures: Please complete and submit the following by mail, fax, or email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. A letter of application and current curriculum vitae.
2. Three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Must include names, addresses, and telephone numbers of individuals making the recommendation.
3. Official BYU–Hawaii application (instructions: http://hr.byuh.edu/node/814).
4. Employment confidential report form (http://hr.byuh.edu/sites/hr.byuh.edu/files/hrforms/confidentialreport.pdf).
5. Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received.
6. A link to a 15 minute (minimum) teaching video posted online. Please provide the URL (link) with the letter of application. College teaching preferred but other venues accepted if necessary.
Starting Date: September 2019
Send application materials to:
Dr. David Bybee
Associate Academic Vice President for Instruction
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Fax: (808) 675-3329
Email: [email protected]