Exercise & Sport Science Assistant/Associate Professor
*Applications will be reviewed beginning April 1, 2019.*
*Start Date: September 1, 2019
*Incomplete Applications will not be considered.*
- A doctorate in Exercise Science, Health or related field is preferred.
- Those who are ABD or with master’s degrees and significant Exercise Science/Health related experience will be considered.
- We seek candidates that support our mission (http://about.byuh.edu/mission) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 30 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas: Health and Human Performance, Wellness and Sport Management, and Exercise Physiology.
- Scholarship, creative endeavor, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching.The individual should be fully committed to student learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework) and may also be asked to help develop and/or teach online courses.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church in the Asia-Pacific area and throughout the world.
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
Procedures: Please complete and submit the following by mail, fax, or email.
- Online Application Form. A letter of application and current vitae. Three references including names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Letters of recommendation will be requested from finalists. Letter writers must send their letters directly to [email protected]. Employment confidential report form (https://hr.byuh.edu/sites/hr.byuh.edu/files/Ecclesiastical%20Endorsement_0.pdf). These forms should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader or applicant (if non-LDS) to [email protected] or the address listed below. Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received. Optional - A link to a 10 minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
Contact: David Bybee
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Fax: (808) 675-3329
Email: [email protected]
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Exercise & Sport Science Assistant/Associate Professor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly