Dean of the College of Allied Health Professions
Montana State University Billings is accepting applications for a Dean of the College of Allied Health Professions. The Dean will provide academic support by fostering a positive and productive environment, collaborative leadership, and a commitment to inclusive excellence.
Montana State University Billings is a comprehensive public four-year higher education institution located in Montana’s largest population center, whose faculty is actively engaged in teaching, research, creative endeavors and public service. MSU Billings is unique in that it is one of a select few higher education institutions that also boasts an embedded two-year community college.
The University opened in 1927 and was initially called Eastern Montana State Normal School at Billings and was established to prepare teachers for elementary schools in eastern Montana. MSU Billings has grown, with the city of Billings and Yellowstone County, into the major urban comprehensive higher education center of south central and eastern Montana. The University campus consists of four colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business, the College of Education and the College of Allied Health Professions. Seven miles west of the University campus sits City College at MSU Billings, which serves the comprehensive two-year mission of the university.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Dean of the College of Allied Health Professions is the intellectual and administrative leader of the college, and the chief advocate for the mission and purpose of the college’s academic programs. Through delivery of the highest-quality academic allied health programs, the Dean facilitates the integration of the mission of Montana State University Billings as an urban university serving a diverse constituency with diverse needs and expectations. The Dean provides academic support by fostering a positive and productive work environment, a spirit of collaborative leadership, and a commitment to inclusive excellence. The Dean reports to and works in consultation with the Provost and Academic Vice Chancellor.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- A terminal degree in a field closely aligned with Allied Health Professions
- Knowledge and understanding of allied health programs and heir significance to other academic colleges and disciplines
- Record as an accomplished academic administrator in a university setting
- Demonstrated ability to use assessment data for continuous quality improvement and program development in the academic environment
- Experience with program accreditation in a university setting
- Evidence of scholarly contributions in basic or applied health research, grant funding, and knowledge dissemination that supports developing and leading a relevant, focused research agenda
- Demonstrated service record in a university setting
- Demonstrated success in building partnerships and collaborations both internal and external to the university setting that result in expanded programming
- Experience with shared governance in a university setting
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, students, alumni and leaders in other education agencies and institutions
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork, collaboration and consensus building;
- Demonstrated success in using leadership skills to develop and deliver innovative curricula and programs, and develop faculty and students
- A history of successful mentoring
- Skill communicating a vision and agenda that engages colleagues and constituents and energizes innovation and commitment