SENIOR ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
SENIOR ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
Posting Number: SRGV3790
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To provide dependable upper level accounting assistance for the performance of many varied accounting office tasks. Responsible for performing accounting tasks in pre-auditing accounting documents or making debit and credit postings to individual accounts.
Description of Duties:
• Reviews and audits a variety of accounting documents including invoices, promissory notes, travel expense claims, vouchers and payrolls, and other financial reports.
• Prepares original accounting entries for journals and ledgers, prepares and audits monthly reconciliation.
• Verifies and records accounting and financial data from various sources for analysis.
• Prepares various periodic financial reports and verifies the accuracy of entries.
• Posts data to ledgers and reports.
• May prepare state sales tax, record monthly bank interest, code and log all budget changes, and, code and log interdepartmental transfers.
• Processes budget transactions and related documentation.
• Prepares invoices for billings.
• Maintains and reviews inventory for capital equipment, consumable supplies, and other departmental assets.
• Processes payments received.
• Reconciles accounts.
• Types letters and memos related to payment processing.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Graduation from a Business/Vocational school with emphasis in accounting, or, college coursework in the field of accounting or business.
• Five (5) years experience in accounting or bookkeeping work, or
• Two (2) years experience in accounting or bookkeeping work with an Associate’s Degree in a related field or 60 hours of College Credit including 12 hours of accounting related class work.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment.
Office Environment. May work in departments where special hazards exist. May spend long periods standing or sitting. May be required to perform light lifting (10 lbs.) to move files, equipment, paper, etc. Must be able to stoop, bend, and reach to retrieve files.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/20/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20600
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency