Planning & Analysis Consultant
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-29
Works with minimal guidance and supervision and proactively seeks guidance as required. Plans and leads work and manages multiple commitments simultaneously. Supports multiple service lines; coordinates resources facilitates execution of business deliverables and fully adopts a service mindset. Cultivates internal partnerships across assigned service lines and support services; serves primarily in a “partner-facing” capacity. Directly reports to the Director of Planning Analysis & Decision Support.
- Works with service line leaders to create strategic and long range business plans; supports capital and operating budget development.
- Responsible for all aspects of business planning and financial performance for assigned service lines to include but not limited to staying abreast of emerging industry trends and legislation.
- Partners with service line leadership to develop strategies and tactics for financial performance improvement; to include financial goal development based on organizational targets and external benchmarks.
- Willingly adapts to organizational change and models commitment to professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develops and delivers professional presentations to all levels of leadership and organization governance.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or MHA/MSHA strongly preferred
Experience: 5 years relevant experience
Licensure: CGMA and PMP preferred
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.