Custodian - 500662
Custodian - 500662
The Custodian maintains the standards of cleanliness in accordance with operating procedures and adheres to all other University of Richmond policies and guidelines. The Custodian also upholds the Facilities Department’s mission which is to create and maintain an outstanding learning environment through constant attention to our community’s needs and thoughtful care of our beautiful campus.
- Advocates safety for everyone on campus by identifying, reporting and addressing when appropriate
- Interacts daily with diverse staff, students and faculty by providing a welcoming and positive atmosphere
- Preserves the heritage and unique infrastructure of the University by striving to exceed industry cleanliness standards
- Cleans assigned areas as directed and follows operating procedures
- Participates in collection and proper disposal of waste and recycling
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of resources provided to them by the University
- Responds and assists with any custodial related requests as directed
WORKING HOURS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, go up and down stairs, walk for long periods and other similar physical tasks
- Must be able to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions including heat, rain and snow
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials
- Minimum of a High School degree or educational equivalent preferred
- One year or more experience in custodial operations or related field preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Preferred: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Work hours are 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; 8 hrs./day; 40 hrs./week
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and evenings
- All Facilities employees are designated as essential personnel and are subject to work outside the normal work schedule on an emergency basis and are subject to planned overtime work as required by their immediate supervisor.
Pay Grade 1 (Hourly rate starting at $11.30 per hour)
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation’s first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE