Assistant Professor of Animal Science
The Assistant Professor of Animal Science is responsible for developing and improving the academic program in a specialized area of animal reproduction, contributing to teaching advanced courses, conducting research, supervising graduate student research. This is a 12-month tenure-track faculty position at the Agricultural Research Station within the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and improve the academic program in a specialized area of animal reproduction
- Contribute to teaching advanced courses
- Conduct research in specialized area
- Supervise graduate student research
- Supervise research technician and other support personnel as needed
- Collaborate with scientists and researchers in other areas, government agencies and private sectors in the development of research appropriate for improving the food and agriculture in Georgia and the US.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ph.D. degree in reproductive physiology or related field from an accredited institution
- Prior experience establishing an extramurally supported research program
- Ability to generate external funding
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues in teaching, research and extension
- Post-doctoral research experience preferred
- Climate controlled environment
- Some travel may be required to attend training and/or conferences
- Regular work schedule is Monday-Friday 8a-5p; some weekends and evenings may be required on occasion
- Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder
- Specific vision abilities required include close, distant color visions, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.