Adjunct Instructor in Civil Engineering - Dalian, China
Valparaiso University (Valpo) is seeking a qualified instructor to teach a three-credit hour undergraduate civil-engineering course in Steel Design over a six-week period. The classes will be taught as a part of the joint-program established between Valpo and Dalian Jiaotong University (DJTU) in Dalian, Liaoning Province, China. The professor will join other Valpo faculty and will be supported by English-speaking DJTU staff who will manage all logistics. Textbooks have been selected and course syllabi have already been created and will be available to the instructor.
- Course Dates: June 10-July 19. Plan to leave U.S. June 6.
- Course: Steel Design
- Each course will consist of one section of 40-60 students.
- An English-speaking TA will be provided.
- Total instruction time for combined courses: 6 hours/week.
- Competitive Salary
- Round-trip airfare and visa application expense
- Housing provided.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Fluency in oral and written English
- The ability to qualify for a Chinese F, L, M, or Z visa
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of Chinese
- International academic experience (instructor or student)
- Experience teaching the topic to undergraduate engineering students
Please submit an application letter, detailed resume (curriculum vita), statement of teaching interests, and three references to Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/60998.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Valparaiso University does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to develop and support a diverse community. Its entire EOE policy can be found at http://www.valpo.edu/general-counsel/policies/equal-opportunity-policy/. Employment at Valparaiso University will require a satisfactory criminal background check.