Manager of Benefits Administration
The Manager of Benefits develops, recommends, and implements new or modified employee benefit plans and policies, and oversees administration of existing plans for the multiple campuses of the University and its covered affiliates. In addition, this role is responsible for making plan design and policy recommendations to leadership for future changes and their financial impact. This position also develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to University and employee.
Qualification/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in benefits program administration, which includes at least 3 years of management experience
- Prior experience in creative and cost-effective benefits design is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to reason through data and make good judgments in applying information.
- Prior work experience in a public sector hospital and university is desirable.
- Effective skills in dealing with diverse personalities, cultures and position levels. Ability to be influential and establish positive working relationships across the organization
- Proficiency with personal computers and spreadsheet applications.
- PHR, SPHR or benefits certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Ohio Revised Code is desirable.