Chief Student Affairs Officer
Official Title of Position: Chief Student Affairs Officer
Minimum Monthly Salary: $7,120
Position Number: 10004921
Hopkinsville Community College is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively seek candidates of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
Hopkinsville Community College is looking for a talented, innovative, collaborative leader to set and meet strategic student services goals. Under the direction of the President/CEO, the Chief Student Services Officer is the chief administrative officer for the personal and co-curricular development of all students. The CSO provides knowledgeable and effective leadership to their campus, staff, and students; and works with other members of the college to provide a campus environment that promotes academic achievement, recruitment/retention, and personal and social growth and development for a diverse and dynamic student population.
- Implement strategic planning and management in all aspects of student services.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of all student affairs programs and services to ensure their effectiveness.
- Provide primary supervision and direction for the following areas: student recruitment and orientation, admissions and records, registration, academic and career advising and counseling, disability services, student activities and organizations, and multi-cultural affairs.
- Advocate for funding to support student affairs, and budget management to match campus resources and the goals and operational needs of student affairs in an environment of fiscal constraints.
- Provide leadership in concert with chief student services officers and KCTCS to enhance student affairs system-wide.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution in higher education, student personnel services, or related area, and four years related work experience or equivalent.
- Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community and technical college.
- Desire and ability to bring renewed focus on student success and academic innovation.
- High level of integrity and energy, along with excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in successfully completing SACSCOC or other national accreditation organization.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is April 1, 2019. All applicants must submit an application, cover letter, resume, three (3) letters of recommendation, and unofficial transcripts prior to interviews. Search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.
To Apply: Please visit our website to make application online: https://careers.kctcs.edu/search-jobs/?from=search&enterprise_code=444
KCTCS offers an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. This position is a full-time, term-contract position, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance. KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender presentation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.