Tartan Scholars Program Coordinator - Vice Provost for Education
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university that stands among the world’s most renowned education institutions. With groundbreaking brain science, path-breaking performances, creative start-ups, big data, big dreams, hands-on learning, and a whole lot of robots, CMU does not envision the future, we invent it. If you are passionate about joining a community that challenges the curious to deliver work that matters, your journey starts here.
The goal of The Vice Provost for Education division is stronger coordination and improvement of support for undergraduate and graduate student academic success. To that end, the division has organized an Academic Success group, which includes a variety of academic support programs, including the Tartan Scholars Program: a new initiative focused on providing necessary support for first generation, low-income students to thrive and achieve their full potential. As a Program Coordinator, you will provide critical support for programmatic, operational and fiscal support. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will work as a member of a team committed to student success. You will lead day-to-day administration and will build and maintain systems to ensure effective operation of the program.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Providing support with the event planning process for Tartan Scholars and related events: (group meetings, seminars, workshops, etc.) including logistical and day of program support (catering, contracts, space reservation, publicity).
- Providing administrative support, preparing correspondence, arranging meetings and travel reservations for staff.
- Promoting a welcoming office environment, including providing coverage for front desk reception and providing assistance to students and visitors.
- Maintaining Tartan Scholars program supply inventory and place orders when appropriate.
- Facilitating Tartan Scholars communication, including email, social media accounts, and website; includes crafting forms, flyers, and prepare other printed/electronic material as needed.
- Providing support for record-keeping and documentation for reports, policies and procedures, and confidential records to ensure program efficiency.
- Supporting the general functions of the Student Academic Success Center via routine staff meetings, participation in campus events and signature programs, as well as other duties as assigned.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within this team. Inclusion, teamwork and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search someone who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- A steadfast dedication to equity the diversity of student experiences;
- Successful track record of collaborating and successfully implementing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven ability to provide day to day administrative/operations functions in support of programs;
- Consistent record of managing initiation of business processes, and keeping accurate and detailed reports and records;
- Advanced social and intercultural interpersonal skills, particularly when taking care of difficult situations;
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks at a time; and
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and with frequent interruptions