Access Associate Senior - PFA Women & Children
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-04
This experienced patient focused service representative engages patients/families and referring providers at various aspects of the patient care continuum through various forms of communication. Responsible and accountable for complex patient scheduling including record retrieval follow up communication and any related tasks to ensure the patient is seen by the right provider at the right time with the right records. Serves as the point of contact for patients preferring physicians and Health System departments requesting single or multiple appointments.Actively participates in issue resolution.
- Schedules appointments to the correct provider including all appropriate information and coordinates appointments on the same day when available.
- Educates patients parents guardians or appropriate designee on managed care process and communicates authorizations if needed and reviews potential financial obligations when appropriate.
- Advocates for patients and/or families while coordinating multi-visit scheduling appointments.
- Provides exceptional customer service while assisting customers in obtaining access to Medical Services at UVA Health System.
- Documents each request completely and accurately.
- Investigates documents and resolves or refers as appropriate problems and conflicts.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Diploma required Associates degree preferred.
Experience: 2 years relevant experience
Licensure: None required.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods; Repetitive motion: (computer and mouse use). Proficient communicative skill across spoken, writing domains, adequate auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly and compose messages clearly and concisely.
40 hoursThe University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.