Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, NP - Pediatric Cardiac ICU 24/7 (Relocate to Charlotte...
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-04
Masters-prepared, certified clinician who manages the care of a defined patient population as a dominant aspect of the role. Expert direct clinical practice, Consultation, Research skills, Clinical and professional leadership. Collaboration Ethical decision-making Expert coaching and guidance.
Relocation assistance available per UVA Medical Center policy. Please contact Jody Goellner at 434-297-7134 or [email protected] for additional information.
- Relationship Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment planning prioritizing coordinating and implementation of care. Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education professional certification internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations.
- Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines comprehension of outcomes data engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
The University of Virginia Medical Center is seeking additional Pediatric Critical Care advanced practice providers to join its Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care team. UVA’s Children’s Heart Center maintains a busy surgical service caring for all levels of neonatal, pediatric and adult congenital heart disease. We maintain an active heart failure and transplant program providing ECMO and VAD support. APP’s co-manage patients collaboratively with daily participation of PICU, cardiology, surgical attendings and house staff. Currently our APP team cover daytime shifts 7 days a week. With programmatic growth we are expanding NP coverage to include some evening and overnight shifts. APP’s have recently developed an active vascular access/PICC program serving our critical care patients. Ample opportunities exist for research, quality improvement and programmatic development in a collaborative and congenial work environment. Per individual interests and programmatic need, some participation with the general PICU service may be developed. We invite talented NP’s and PA’s with a variety of pediatric intensive care backgrounds to join our growing and dynamic team as we care for this challenging, yet satisfying, group of children from across the commonwealth of Virginia. Charlottesville offers a high quality of life in a charming college town surrounded by the Blue Ridge mountains, just 2 hours from Washington DC. UVA is an equal opportunity employer.Position Compensation Range: $89,523.20 - $143,228.80 Annual
Education: Masters Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Licensed to prescribe medication in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking/bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.