Director of Business Operations - Travel
Director of Business Operations - Travel
Athletic Program Director
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Director of Business Operations - Travel to join our team.
This position is responsible for the management of travel functions for the athletic department. This position performs day to day business office activities including the planning and reconciling of all athletic travel functions. The incumbent serves as a departmental liaison, performs clerical travel functions, monitors and reconciles all travel accounts and claims, prepares and analyzes financial statements in regards to travel spend, and works with coaches and staff on travel planning. This position reports to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for coordinating and reconciling all travel processes and procedures for Athletics Department.
* Responsible for oversight of travel contracts for squad and staff travel including air charter, commercial air, hotels and ground transportation.
* Primary liaison to UNT System travel desk and Travel Management Partners.
* Ensures all TAC statements are reconciled and processed in a timely fashion.
* Assists departments with travel planning in preparation for annual budget process.
* Directs the Visa Prepaid Expense card program to ensure accuracy of card loads, efficiency of process and reconciliation of charges to include payment of monthly invoices.
* Responsible for creating and maintaining a formal policy and procedure manual for Athletics travel.
* Manages and reconciles all travel regarding Conference Tournament, post-season, and NCAA Tournament travel.
* Research/analyze travel spending to find ways to save create savings and efficiencies throughout the department.
* Communicate effectively with coaching staff/operations to ensure that all needs are met for upcoming travel, recruiting, reconciliations, reimbursements, etc.
* Work with airlines, hotels and bus companies in frequently visited locations to negotiate best pricing for sports programs.
* Track and follow deadlines that sports and relevant staff need to be aware of. Provide reminders to ensure those deadlines are met.
* Create and maintain resource packet for staff to use as suggestions for team travel, information on Athletic Department partnerships, efficient and effective operational practices, etc.
* Provide one-on-one training for incoming staff on University/Athletic Department rules and guidelines regarding procedures, forms, travel card use, and general travel procedures.
* Review and verify reports from travel agency detailing activity.
* Analyzes and makes recommendations on existing processes and is responsible for implementing approved changes.
* Maintains high degree of customer service in every aspect of the travel program as well as with every employee.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in in related field and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
* Knowledge of sound business principles, practices and techniques.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* When required: Skill in typing at a moderately fast rate with few errors.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA and CUSA rules and regulations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting