Dean, Programs and Products - Accounting
Job location: Remote / Nationwide
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-12
The Dean of Programs and Products at Strayer University works to drive the mission, vision, purpose, and implementation of a dedicated portion of the academic portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for developing relevant and appropriate curriculum and driving course design for assigned disciplines to ensure currency and agency, conducting program review and assessment to evaluate opportunities for growth and improvement, and attaining and maintaining accreditation.
- Ensures programs and products maintain the highest degree of professionally appropriate and relevant learning
- Works with curriculum and faculty teams to ensure student achievement of academic outcomes that lead to improved graduation rates and student ROI.
- Outlines course and faculty credentials
- Works with key stakeholders to provide discipline-specific communications on a regular basis
- Serves as the lead for specialized accreditation activity and ensure that regulatory requirements are met
- Works with key stakeholders to develop quality programs and products, recommending course design strategies for assigned disciplines, including but not limited to course guides and instructional materials
- Develops external relationships with businesses and other institutions to ensure that programs are meeting industry needs and ensuring excellent job prospects for students and graduates
- Develops internal relationships with key stakeholders to ensure faculty are informed about curricular changes, in compliance with training requirements, and in compliance with Strayer contracts and policies
- Monitors trends in program enrollment to ensure sustained growth, strong persistence, and strong outcomes for new and current programs.
- Works with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to effectively and efficiently conduct program and product reviews on a regular basis.
- Works with the program design and evaluation specialist, lead and inform the content for program and product design and evaluation efforts.
- Prioritize curriculum efforts to maximize student success and industry relevance.
- Oversees curriculum management of assigned programs, such as approval of course substitutions and retirement of courses.
- Informs the development of curriculum maps so that they are well-aligned, scaffolded, and appropriately sequenced.
- Collaborates with program design and evaluation specialists on the gathering of data related to market demand, workforce needs, and accreditation changes.
- Approves content related curriculum changes for all course design and development efforts.
- Provides tools to faculty and student for success in the classroom including creating an innovative classroom environment with instructional material integrated with technology, and works with Faculty leadership and the training department to ensure that the proper training mechanisms for both faculty and students have been established.
- Supports academic integrity and complies with all relevant university policies and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
All degrees must be conferred and from a regionally accredited university
- Master’s in Accounting and active CPA License, required OR
- MBA and active CPA License, required
- Doctorate in Accounting and active CPA License, preferred
- Professional experience in related disciplines.
- Experience leading specialized accreditation efforts and/or serving on accrediting committees is preferred
- Experience in program/product development
- Five years of progressively senior experience in at least one of the following areas: curriculum or program development, assessment, accreditation, program/faculty oversight, or instructional design.
- Prior management of indirect reports and project management.
- Experience working in a complex, dynamic organization preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing curriculum development and program assessment in a fast-paced, dynamic organization, preferably in online education, adult focused education, or other University setting.
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage, or participate in cross-functional teams.
- Experience working collaboratively with faculty and instructional design staff on the development of online and on-ground delivery of curricula are required.
- Deep understanding of adult learning, instructional design, and assessment.
- Knowledge of the online teaching and learning environment and Learning Management System(s)
- Knowledge of teaching and learning theories
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, solve problems, and make sounds decisions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with delivering feedback to others in a constructive manner that drives results
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong relationship-building skills, and the ability to influence, effectively manage and lead others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven organization
- Strategic thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to and embrace continuous change
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Travel via plane, car and public transportation is required to perform this job.
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chai.n
- Effectively cope with stressful situations.
- Strong mental acuity.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]