Social Worker (LICSW)
Social Worker (LICSW)
Mar 4, 2019
About the Bard Early Colleges
Through a tuition-free, engaging college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, the Bard Early Colleges help high school students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college prepared to contribute to the workforce and civic life. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. The Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic supports. Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 2,850 students in five states. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard High School Early College DC (Bard DC), a partnership between Bard College and District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS), invites applications for a full-time school-based Social Worker.
- Conduct preventative work with students, staff, and families;
- Work with at-risk students to address their socio-emotional needs;
- Provide consultation to school staff and parents to facilitate student educational, social, and emotional growth;
- Obtain information concerning the effects of environment, including family, cultural, and economic disadvantages, that may be adversely affecting student progress;
- Conduct home visits that encourage home/school communication;
- Work collaboratively with the Student Support Team to develop plans of assistance for students at risk of academic and/or behavioral difficulty;
- Coordinate school and community services;
- Serve as the home-school-community liaison responsible for effective resource utilization and positive relations with stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) (required).
- District of Columbia Government, Department of Health Professional License, which must be renewed every two years by obtaining the required continuing education units:
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- District of Columbia Certification as a School Social Worker, which must be maintained throughout employment with DC Public Schools
- At least three years of work experience as a Social Worker in an urban school/setting with a track record of high student achievement
- Ability to conduct clinical interviews and write comprehensive social history evaluations
- Ability to administer, interpret, and analyze related assessment instruments.
To apply, please submit a cover letter noting your experience and interest in this position, resume, including contact information and noting the relationship to three references. Please submit all materials through Interfolio.com. Review of applications to begin immediately.
Position is contingent on availability of funds and criminal background check.