Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Wellness
Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Wellness
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Human Resources Manager - Benefits and Wellness
Department: Human Resources
Division: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Dominican University of California is seeking a dynamic individual for a Human Resources Manager position. The candidate should have experience with managing all benefits administration including the annual Open Enrollment process for all benefits-eligible employees, as well as year-round enrollments. Participate in the annual benefits renewal process as needed to consider plan options and costs. Lead all benefits education efforts including sessions on tuition benefits, healthcare options, and retirement planning. Oversee compliance with LOA requests as well as EDD, SDI, and Workers' Comp claims. Manage terminations and the exit process for all workers including regular, permanent staff and faculty, as well as temporary employees, volunteers, independent contractors and agency temps. Produce weekly HR newsletter capturing and communicating key information to campus. Fulfill and complete all HR surveys and data requests as well as tracking and reporting quarterly HR metrics.
- Manage year-round benefits enrollment and changes, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Work individually with each benefits-eligible full-time employee to answer questions about options in order to ensure enrollment in benefits before month-end.
- Manage benefits software administration, processing enrollments, changes and terminations as well as processing reports, and auditing data as necessary.
- Assist with annual benefits renewal process. Coordinate Open Enrollment communication, strategies, updates and information to ensure all benefits-eligible employees are able to make informed changes to their benefits annually.
- Oversee all Wellness program initiatives including working with the benefits broker to provide the annual Wellness Fair for benefits-eligible employees during Open Enrollment, and managing programs like the sit/stand station cost-sharing program. Continue to strengthen and develop wellness efforts on campus.
- Responsible for daily administration of university's defined contribution 403(b) and 457(b) plans. Assist employees with making changes to their retirement plan contributions. Work closely with retirement plan administrators to schedule and communicate Dominican's retirement plan education campaign.
- Review, monitor and process tuition waivers for employees, ensuring eligibility. Offer tuition benefit information sessions twice each academic year, one fall and one spring.
- Manage the cancellation of benefits for terminated employees, ensuring timely COBRA enrollment.
Employment and Risk Management
- Manage employee termination process; communicate with the supervisor regarding exit process, ensure timely and efficient processing of termination in data systems, communicate with employee regarding exit information, coordinate final pay with payroll department, and explain exit questionnaire importance and process with each individual employee, reviewing submissions for actionable information.
- Manage response to Workers' Compensation claims, EDD unemployment requests and status, State Disability Insurance claims, and leave of absence administration.
- Engage in interactive process regarding requests for accommodations as related to ADA, WC, and other employee medical requests, working closely with supervisors to determine university response.
- Collaborate with payroll regarding time-off benefits, as appropriate for employees on LOA or WC, etc.
- Lead ergonomic support efforts, including information dissemination and equipment purchases deemed medically necessary and/or preventative.
- Lead departmental communication by creating and producing our weekly newsletter, compiling information about upcoming events, as well as training offerings, job openings, and employee comings/goings.
HR Data/Metrics Tracking and Reporting
- Manage and complete all survey submissions, reporting HR data, collaborating and coordinating efforts with IR and other necessary departments on campus.
- Compile and produce quarterly reports on standard HR metrics data. Sharing reports with key individuals and departments on campus.
Perform other duties and projects as requested by Director of Human Resources.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum of three years Human Resources experience
- Knowledge and applied experience with employment practices and benefits administration, including an understanding of COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, ACA and other benefits-related laws
- Able and skilled at taking initiative and exercising sound judgment at all times
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong employee customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and able to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously with minimal direction and supervision
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite and HRIS
- High level of skill and accuracy with figures and filing
- Must be professional, diplomatic and able to serve a variety of constituents with equity, fairness and tact
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by March 22nd, 2019; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a
1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency