ATHLETICS COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
ATHLETICS COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV3803
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Responsible for applying and interpreting NCAA rules and regulations as well as evaluating initial and continuing eligibility requirements. To assist the Athletic Director with the communication and implementation of NCAA compliance policies and procedures and interpretation of conference and NCAA rules.
Description of Duties:
• Monitors and ensures institutional adherence to NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
• Recommends and maintains internal policies and procedures to support compliance efforts.
• Updates and maintains expertise in NCAA and Conference regulations as well as University rules and procedures.
• Provides support data for initial and continuing eligibility, and serves as a liaison to specified campus offices in preparation of reports on compliance matters required by the NCAA, Conference and University (includes Admissions, Financial Aid and Registrar’s Offices).
• Serves as primary point of contact in Athletics for eligibility certification.
• Provides rules education and interpretation to various stakeholders (including administrators, coaches, staff, student-athletes and representatives of athletics interests), using a variety of forums and tools. Consults with coaches and staff regarding program compliance and provides appropriate training opportunities.
• Presents compliance information to outside groups when necessary.
• Maintains athletics compliance office recruiting files and reviews files for accuracy and completeness.
• Monitors, tracks and updates coaches on status of prospective student athletes through the NCAA eligibility center.
• Assists in providing High School transcript evaluations in regards to initial eligibility.
• Evaluates initial and transfer eligibility requirements and maintains continuing eligibility requirements
• Trains athletics and university staff on the use of Jumpforward Software.
• Updates the Athletic Department’s compliance policy and procedure manual.
• Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned.
General direction from Director or assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned support staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
Master’s Degree or J.D. Degree
Two (2) years of experience in collegiate athletics, compliance or in a collegiate athletic services environment.
Use of standard office machines including personal computer, fax, and copier. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Occasional travel is required. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required.
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task are necessary. Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/12/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20591
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency