Program Director, Doctor of Physical Therapy
Augustana University is seeking a visionary leader to serve in the role of Program Director of a newly formed hybrid Physical Therapy program. The successful applicant will have an opportunity to not only to lead a new program, but also to work closely with senior leadership at the institutional level to expand graduate programming at Augustana University. The chosen candidate for this role will: have significant leadership experience in the field of Physical Therapy education and how it relates to other health care settings; experience with program development that involves innovation and collaboration; effective communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills; and, an understanding of the opportunities and challenges affecting the discipline of physical therapy in particular along with health studies in general.
- Earned terminal academic doctorate in a discipline appropriate for teaching responsibilities
- Six years of full-time higher education experience, with a minimum of three years of full-time experience in a physical therapist education program and an understanding of higher education and contemporary clinical practice appropriate for leadership in physical therapy education
- Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal, and practice regulations affecting clinical education, students, and the profession of physical therapy
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in state of residence
- Evidence of Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate.
- Experience in clinical practice, especially as applicable to clinical education 7. Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels
- Establish and maintain program accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). Overall responsible for coordinating the Program’s compliance with all expected standards and rules.
- Coordinate timely submission of required fees and documentation, including reports of graduation rates, to the appropriate accreditation bodies.
- Notify accrediting bodies about expected or unexpected substantive changes within the program and of any change in institutional accreditation status or legal authority to provide post-secondary education.
- Assure access to applicable standards to all members of the faculty and establish expectation for compliance.
- Maintain accurate information on the program website that is easily accessible to the public regarding accreditation status and current student achievement measures.
- Follow policies and procedures of CAPTE as outlined in The CAPTE Rules of Practice and Procedure.
- Develop and maintain a contemporary and evidence-based Doctor of Physical Therapy curriculum that meets the standards of the institution and accreditation requirements and achieves program goals and expected outcomes.
- Provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the DPT program within the Vision2030 strategic plan process.
- Provide faculty and staff with mentorship and regular evaluations in accordance with the policies of Augustana University to include an organized professional development plan in the area of teaching, research, and service.
- Plan and administer the DPT budget and financial resources to support current and anticipated program needs to include academic and clinical education, faculty, facilities and equipment needs.
- Recruit faculty for the DPT Program.
- Provide recommendations on continued employment in accordance with the policies of Augustana University.
- Serve on committees and task forces as deemed appropriate.
- Represent the DPT Program to Augustana University, the healthcare community, and the profession of Physical Therapy.
- The Program Director of the DPT Program will teach courses as directed by the Supervisor.
- Performance and evaluation in teaching will be conducted in accordance with the policies and procedures of Augustana University.
The Program Director is a full-time 12-month administrative faculty member (non-tenure track) who has leadership and administrative responsibility for the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program. This individual will work closely with the senior leadership team to establish visionary programming, creative structuring, organizational innovations, and sustained growth in health sciences as Augustana embarks on the emerging and exciting Vision 2030 strategic plan process. Salary is competitive and dependent upon qualifications; excellent benefit package included.
Application Procedure: Send a letter of application that addresses the required qualifications of the position, a curriculum vita, a completed Augustana University employment application, and the names of at least three professional references electronically to . Valuing diversity and inclusivity are important aspects of the culture and ethos of Augustana University. Please share how you envision embracing and advancing these ideals. Official web site: www.augie.edu. The position will remain open until filled.
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
Apply for Program Director, Doctor of Physical Therapy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly