Assistant Provost for Administration, Finance and Facilities
Posting Date March 1, 2019 Position Title Assistant Provost for Administration, Finance and Facilities Vacancy # V -1619 Department Academic Affairs Division Academic Affairs Job Description
The Assistant Provost for Administration, Finance and Facilities will play a primary role in the development and oversight of the Academic Affairs budget and administrative affairs, and facilities; assist in policy development and implementation; and will, in a comprehensive fashion, support the work of the Provost/VPAA by expediting operations through appropriate channels. The academic budget is among the largest in the University.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs the development of the budget and oversees its allocation and maintains control of the budget. Collects data for and assists in the preparation of the Academic Affairs budget. Monitors budget and prepares reports, as needed.
• Gathers and analyzes information, undertakes studies and prepares reports, including statistical reports as assigned; responds to information requests on behalf of the Provost/VPAA.
• Coordinates the implementation of new or revised financial policies.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with executive and administrative offices of the University, deans, department chairpersons, faculty members, staff, students, government and private agencies and/or the public to ensure that established goals are met and to resolve problems.
• Plans, implements, and controls general and special projects assigned by the Provost/VPAA ensuring timely completion.
• Develops and implements measures to ensure that the directives of the Provost/VPAA are properly carried out.
• Track and monitor the status of ongoing Academic Affairs, facilities projects and construction activities.
• Performs special studies or investigations on topics relevant to the academic administration of the institution and makes recommendations regarding appropriate action.
• Conducts research, evaluates data and prepares reports containing findings and recommendations for review, information and assistance to the Provost/VPAA.
• Serves on or chairs relevant committees, ad hoc committees and task forces, as assigned.
• Assists in planning and implementing evaluations and improvements, including administrative organization, work systems, and monitoring procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Minimum five years of professional experience, preferably in higher education required. A strong knowledge of and experience in budgetary management and procedures; strong communication skills; the demonstrated ability to provide effective organizational and operational support to an active and multifaceted organizational unit; and proficient in relevant software applications.
• Master’s degree in business, accounting or the social sciences, or a CPA, preferred.
• Experience using various financial systems including Workday and PeopleSoft.
Commensurate with experienceSend cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).