Posting DateMarch 26, 2019Position TitleExecutive AssistantVacancy #V -1620DepartmentOffice of the ProvostDivisionAcademic AffairsJob Description
The Executive Assistant under the general supervision of the Provost/VPAA is responsible for performing all secretarial and administrative functions directly supporting the Provost. Requires a strong understanding of the roles of each division within the University as well as University policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consults with the Provost/VPAA concerning progress on assignments and resolution to student/faculty/employee issues.
• Establishes strong liaisons and coordinates activities with the various divisions that relate to assigned responsibilities.
• Supervises the work of student workers assigned to the Provost/VPAA Office.
• Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations for the Provost/VPAA.
• Maintains the Provost/VPAA calendar.
• Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of work. Must be able to exercise judgment when handling sensitive and confidential information.
• Make arrangements associated with the Provost/VPAA’s business related functions, including travel arrangements and all event planning for events within Academic Affairs.
• Prepares agenda, takes minutes and maintains records for Deans’ Council.
• Work collaboratively, and as a team member, within the Office of the Provost and with other units throughout the University.
• Complete special projects as assigned. Manage projects independently from start to completion. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work efficiently under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Schedules the use of the conference rooms and space within the Provost suite.
• Maintains essential records and files.
• Prepares correspondence in the course of official duties.
• Attends and participates in meetings and/or college events as related to assigned responsibilities.
• Serves on various committees, as assigned.
• Serves as fiscal agent back-up in the absence of the Assistant Provost.
• Supports commencement and convocations.
• Reviews and tracks personnel actions, documentation for the Office of the Provost across all University units.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Minimum of three years of professional experience in an institution of higher education, or other field that is directly related to the functions of the position to be filled.
• Master’s degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to gain a firm understanding of academic organizations within the University as well as policies and procedures applicable to institutions of higher education.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Canvas, Google Email, Banner, WordPress, Work Day and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
• Demonstrated understanding of excellent customer service.
• Ability to communicate professionally, schedule appointments and process requests for information in accord with established procedures.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to generate and edit well-written memos, letters, reports and email communications.
• Ability to acquire comprehensive knowledge of college policies and procedures.
Commensurate with experienceSend cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).