Coord, IT Projects
Posting InformationPosting Information Posting Number 2019294 Posting/Functional Title Coord, IT Projects University Pay Plan Title Coord, IT Projects Location San Marcos Department Mobile/Web Systems Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $4,105.00 + Commensurate with experience Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and understand university policy and procedures
- Ability to translate non-technical user requests into technical requirements
- Ability to follow complex written and verbal instructions
- Ability to present complex material to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to contribute to design and strategy discussions
- Experience with HTML or other light programming experience
- Experience leading project activities, including requirements gathering, task and milestone tracking, user testing, client/stakeholder sign-off, and lessons learned
- Familiarity with agile development cycles
- Understanding of common accessibility issues
- Experience creating responsive web applications
- Experience with CSS
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience drafting policies and procedures
- Experience leading development projects
- Experience with agile project management
We are looking for a skilled project coordinator with familiarity in agile development and project management. Experience configuring and administering mobile/web applications is required. You’ll divide your time between implementing and managing a subset of systems within the Mobile/Web Systems (MWS) department and oversee local development projects. Most days you’ll work closely with the department’s DevOps team, as well as user experience, design interface and front-line support staff to identify and troubleshoot issues, enhance existing features and deliver technical and best practice training.About Us
We are an energetic application solutions team with a strong focus on universal design. Our team has productive partnerships with administrative and academic departments across the university and works closely with University Marketing and the IT Assistance Center to develop and support intuitive, flexible systems. We are a versatile group who collaborate regularly with one another and are consistently looking for ways to standardize and optimize what we do.About You
We’re looking for someone with a good understanding of the modern web and current mobile landscape. You’ll be a good fit if you enjoy staying on top of new trends, updating best practices, and figuring out the best way to help the most people. You should be comfortable working in a highly-technical, fast-paced environment and be capable of managing several projects of varying complexity at one time while also serving as an administrator for multiple systems.Benefits
- excellent 100% paid medical insurance, plus 50% paid dependent coverage
- 12 vacation days per year, increasing with years of service
- 12 sick days per year
- 13-14 days of paid holiday per year
- pension plan with 6.8% employer contribution
- enroll in courses with some fees paid, during paid work time (with approval)
- support for pursuing professional development opportunities
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative business relationships
- Lead requirements gathering meetings and document client and stakeholder expectations
- Conduct quality assurance testing with users and coordinate client and stakeholder sign-off
- Conduct and communicate lessons learned
- Assist in installation, configuration, and maintenance of web and mobile applications
- Identify, communicate, resolve, and/or escalate problems and issues
- Implement quality improvement activities
- Provide project management for local development efforts
- Prepare clear and effective project documentation and application usage reports
- Create and deliver technical and best practice training
Technology Resources will not sponsor or transfer visa sponsorship for this position.Job Open Date 03/01/2019 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- Other Required Documents
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).