Nurse Practitioner for Family Medicine Practice
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Nurse Practitioner for Family Medicine Practice
Job no: 493544
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Categories: Faculty - School of Osteopathic Medicine
The department of family medicine is seeking a full-time nurse practitioner (APN) to work with physicians to independently provide outpatient primary care to patients in a PCMH Level 3 Recognized site, which includes managing the care and treatment of patients to include: taking histories, making assessments, ordering diagnostic testing, and clinical decision making within the professional scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Commitment to Quality Customer Service
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and skills necessary for independent clinical decision making
- Provide emphasis toward health promotion and disease prevention
- Develop treatment plans for acute and chronic disease management
- Educating and guiding patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Performing physicals, well and sick visits to a population ranging from newborn to geriatrics
- Cultivate a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals that have questions regarding their health and to provide educated answers
- Dedicated to meet or exceed established performance goals
- Maintain a clean & organized work-space
- Keep appointment schedule running smoothly & efficiently
- Maintain communications with patients via patient portal and EMR messaging
- Be able to work specific evenings and Saturdays. Usually one evening per week and one Saturday per month.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Motivational, transformational counseling - Positive and motivating attitude.
- Strong desire to help improve the health and lives of others
- Focus & attention to details
- Self-motivated toward personal & professional excellence
- Ability to work in a productive manner under minimal supervision
- Performs in an expanded nursing role and has responsibility for meeting the needs of a determined number of patients using a primary care model.
- Provides patient education to meet the needs of the patient/family.\
- Interfaces with physicians and other specialists concerning patient care.
- Interfaces with families to obtain and provide information concerning patient's medical care and progress.
- Coordinates appropriate referrals to specialties for patient care consultations.
- Performs history documentation and physicals as needed.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment or related therapeutic procedures.
- Keeps abreast of departmental policies and procedures.
- Understands and adheres to Rowan SOM compliance standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certified as either Clinical Nurse Specialist or a Nurse Practitioner in the State of New Jersey. At least two (2) years of related nursing experience preferably as an ambulatory advanced practice nurse required.
Advertised: Mar 1 2019 Eastern Standard Time