Instructors-Associate Degree Nursing Program
Instructors-Associate Degree Nursing Program
Madison Area Technical College
Posting Date: 02/22/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Department: School of Health Education
The School of Health Education at Madison College have multiple openings for Full Time Instructors in their Associate Degree Nursing Program for the Fall of 2019 semester. Locations include the Madison District: Fort Atkinson, Reedsburg, Truax, and Watertown.
We are seeking motivated and engaged candidates who share a willingness to collaborate with other staff members, students, and the community at large. If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic, high-quality and collaborative team, apply now!
A tentative schedule for the interview process is as follows:
- HR Phone Screens begins March 29th
- Round One interviews begins April 10th
- Round Two interviews begin April 22nd
- Final Round starting April 29th.
We are anticipating offers to be made in May for an August 16th start date.
Madison College provides a generous benefits package of vacation, holidays, health/vision/dental/life insurance options, and you will be able to participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS). Newly hired instructors serve a three-year probationary period.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position instructs adult students in all nursing programs at the Associate Degree level. Instructors develop instructional strategies and curriculum as a regular part of their work, and are encouraged to serve on committees.
This position reports to the Dean of the School of Health Education.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Instructs students in the Associate Degree Nursing program including but not limited to the following courses: Nursing Fundamentals, Nursing Skills, Nursing Pharmacology, Nursing Health Alterations, Nursing Health Promotions, Complex Health Alterations 1 & 2, Nursing Management and Clinical courses.
2. Develops and plans appropriate instructional strategies, including alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face, accelerated and on-line course delivery.
3. Assists and advises students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
4. Evaluates student performance and provides regular feedback in courses taught by the instructor.
5. Uses data and market trends to continually revise curriculum to improve student learning.
6. Actively works with other personnel in student recruitment, retention and success. This includes developing strategies aimed at the recruitment and retention of minority (including males) students.
7. Develops and maintains curriculum in a variety of non-traditional formats to meet student and healthcare delivery needs in collaboration with department/ division staff; participates in instructional and curriculum articulation activities with other programs and other divisions of instruction.
8. Functions without direct supervision in a team environment with the ability to support a cohesive department atmosphere.
9. Complies with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, maintaining office hours for student assistance and academic advising, etc.
10. Assists students in developing work experience assignments such as clinical affiliations, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
11. Designs and implements strategies to engage students in the learning process.
12. Integrates the use of technology into the teaching and learning process.
13. Attends school, program and advisory committee meetings; participates in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
14. Plans and implements professional development strategies to continually improve teaching and professional experience.
15. Maintains certification as an instructor with the Wisconsin Technical College System.
16. Complies with all aspects of Board policies, work rules, and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
17. Demonstrates a commitment to the college mission, vision and values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods to deliver high-quality instruction (i.e., online, hybrid, and accelerated course formats, course software such as Blackboard, video, Telepresence, etc.)
3. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds and persons with physical and/or learning disabilities.
4. Skill in oral and written communications.
5. Ability to interact with business, industry, other educational institutions, and government agencies to establish partnerships.
6. Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies and incorporate them into the classroom and curriculum.
7. Knowledge and experience in community, acute care or long-term care setting.
1. Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of related work experience as a registered nurse.
3. Licensed to practice nursing (or able to obtain Wisconsin license by time of hire if currently licensed elsewhere).
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Director of Employment and Employee Relations
1701 Wright St
Madison, WI 53704
Position Type: Faculty
Posting Number: 20160603199
To apply, visit https://jobs.madisoncollege.edu/
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency