Software Developer, Cloud/GCP
Software Developer, Cloud/GCP
Job Number: 82196
The Stanford School of Medicine is looking for a Software Developer, Cloud/GCP to join its Application Services team in the Office of Information Resources & Technology (IRT). Stanford University School of Medicine is Stanford's largest academic school. The Office of Information Resources and Technology (IRT) supports the School of Medicine's core missions; health care, research and education.
To support the research area of our mission, Application Services is looking for a talented software developer who will build secure cloud services and manage cloud infrastructure in support of two research projects. The first project is a collaboration with Apple where Apple Watch data is used to identify irregular heart rhythms. The second project is to build a centralized solution with end-user tools for recruiting study participants. The solutions you create will be used by researchers to enable the success and advancement of Stanford Medicine.
The software developer should have experience with and is comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system tradeoffs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into the computing environment.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Mentor other software developers as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
This position currently works in our Porter Drive location. We anticipate that this position will move to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in June 2019.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency