Amherst LEADS Program Coordinator
Amherst College invites applications for the Amherst LEADS Program Coordinator position. The Amherst LEADS Program Coordinator is a full time, year round position, job group and level AO-3. This is a one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal.
The Amherst LEADS Program Coordinator works directly with the Director of the LEADS program, Athletic Director and Executive Committee on the LEADS leadership development program. The program provides a comprehensive and educational view of leadership that can be used both during and after a student-athlete's experience at Amherst. The program coordinator assists with curriculum development, implementation and execution of programming, and the coordination of internal and external communications. The Program Coordinator takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Assists with student-athlete experience and leadership development
Implementation and execution of programming
- Coordinates logistics for symposia, workshops, speakers, and interactive experiences
- Prepare and coordinate 20 - 25 events for student-athletes and Department of Athletics' staff throughout the academic year
- Communicate with Department of Athletics' staff regarding events
- Coordinates room reservations, catering needs, computer needs
- Conduct outreach to potential guest speakers and campus guests
- Bachelor's Degree, or in lieu of degree 3-5 years related experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively
- Culturally competent and the ability to excel in a broadly diverse environment
- Some evenings and weekends,and overnight travel during Orientation
- 1 year in intercollegiate athletics/leadership
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!