Associate Controller - Financial Reporting, Operations and Analysis
Associate Comptroller - Financial Reporting, Operations and Analysis
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Business and Finance
Opening Date: March 1, 2019
Closing Date: April 30, 2019
The Associate Controller for Financial Reporting, Operations and Analysis will direct the daily operations of the purchasing, accounts payable, grants and contract accounting, fixed assets and shipping and receiving functions, fostering an environment of quality customer service. This position serves as a liaison between the Deputy CFO's office and several other offices on campus including Financial Aid and Human Resources. The individual will report to the Deputy CFO and performs various financial accounting operations, reporting, analytics and policy functions, ensuring that the University's financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and overall compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Associate Controller for Financial Reporting, Operations and Analysis will supervise a team of four (4) full-time employees.
- Conduct the monthly financial close process including the reconciliation and roll forward of key accounts as part of the close process.
- Manage accounting operations (Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Grants and Contracts, Fixed Assets and shipping and receiving areas) ensuring accuracy in internal/external reporting and compliance with accounting standards and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with IT to improve accounting systems and ensure integrity, compliance with controls and accurate and timely reporting results.
- Provide guidance and promote awareness of effective control structure and data integrity.
- Coordinate with facilities department regarding areas of joint responsibilities such as asset management, inventories and capital budget monitoring.
- Manage fixed asset accounting.
- Propose and implement administrative policies for accounting and finance and provide routine periodic training for accounting system.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards related to non-profit organizations, as well as knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations (specifically including Uniform Guidance).
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal business oral, written and verbal skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and business skills.
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and work effectively with others.
- Demonstrate proficiency in complex accounting systems and a strong understanding and use and potential of technology in financial management.
- Proficient in the use of advance Excel skills and other Microsoft Office programs. Experience with MS Dynamics GP financial software a plus.
- Develop and maintain accurate reports of financial information for relevant internal and external reporting and compliance requirements.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff and the university community.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master's degree in accounting and CPA experience preferred.
- Seven (7) years of demonstrated success in senior leadership and supervisory experience in large, complex non-profit or higher education organizations.
- Excellent technical accounting, analytical, problem solving and collaboration skills. Ability to maintain focus, execute plans successfully and effectively bring closure to projects and assignments.
- Advance knowledge of technical accounting, tax compliance, internal controls and grants/contracts. Experience working with queries and sophisticated enterprise resource planning systems.
Walking, sitting, standing, squatting, and lifting a minimum of 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Email: [email protected]
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
Apply for Associate Controller - Financial Reporting, Operations and Analysis
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly