Records Specialist, Office of Prospect Research
Bard College is seeking a Records Specialist to join the Office of Prospect Research, part of Bard College’s Office of Institutional Support (OIS). The Records Specialist is responsible for managing OIS files and other OIS records, handling college-wide requests for files and information related to grant-seeking functions, the accurate data entry of research, prospects, submitted proposals, reports, creating quarterly reports, setting up a system of reminders for reporting, tracking prospect management and maintaining prospect lists and tracking metrics. The Records Specialist also supports development and alumni/ae functions related to records, record retrieval, file management and data entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the database for OIS to ensure all information, both contributions and constituent, is accurate and up-to-date. Responsible for keeping current with all system updates and training
- Coordinates the tracking of prospect management for corporate, foundation and government relations programs and maintains prospect lists and the OIS Grant Calendar.
- Supports the Office of Prospect Research in all data entry functions and works closely with Accounting and the Gift Recorder to set up funds.
- Provide statistical data to assist in monitoring fund-raising activities. Create new lists as directed or to proactively meet OIS needs.
- Prepares profiles on prospects.
- Reconcile records with the Accounting Office. Track outstanding pledges and monitors pledge payment activity and reporting reminders. Coordinate grant accounting and financial reporting with the Accounting department to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the award.
- Support the College in cataloging and collecting information and data necessary for grant submissions and reports and updating proposals and supplementary materials.
- Sets up and updates a system of reminders for institutional submissions and reports.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files including, but not limited to, all foundation and government files donor and scholarship files.
- Produce the quarterly reports for senior administration.
- Participate fully in Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs events, as requested.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks
- High level of accuracy maintained in all tasks
- Ability to work independently while supporting a team effort.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with databases and data entry in a work environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three contact references thought Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/60933.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.