This full-time, ten month, exempt position reports to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), working closely with Hispanic/Latinx students and their families, both as prospective and current students, to support their attendance, retention, and success at the University. The position will begin August 2019.
- Assist with retention activities by meeting individually with students regarding success strategies and academic support needs; support the ODI peer mentoring program by connecting Latinx students with mentoring opportunities; promoting high impact practices to underrepresented students and first generation students; work closely with ODI staff to organize population specific outreach for MALANA pre-orientation program; collaborate with student support resources across campus.
- Assist with prospective student recruitment in Chicago area at Hispanic serving high schools and college fairs; assist with planning and participating at Tu Universidad and other diversity-centered campus visit programs.
- Advise Spanish and Latinx Student Association (SALSA), assist ODI with broad diversity and inclusion programming, including Hispanic Heritage month.
- Assist broadly with Spanish translation needs, specifically related to recruiting and retaining students.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fluent in Spanish
- Valid driver’s license
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Within your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of this opening. The University is committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion. Please feel free to share any opportunities you have had in collaborating in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting. Review of applications will begin March 27, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.