The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) located in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a contributor with higher education data sets experience for the role of Data Analyst. The Data Analyst position is an integral part of the Research Unit at MSCHE. Reporting to the Senior Director for Research, the Data Analyst’s responsibilities include but are not limited to overseeing the Annual Institutional Update, developing, conducting, analyzing and reporting surveys, assisting in the quality assurance of MSCHE data, and analyzing and reporting on a wide range of data. The Data Analyst works closely with internal staff and MSCHE membership, requiring strong communication and customer service skills.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Researches, gathers, creates data sets for analysis
- Analyzes data sets and provides audience appropriate summaries.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of dashboards as well as their underlying data.
- Assists in the creation and regularly reviews data error reports with the goal of continuously improving the quality of MSCHE data.
- Analyzes results of surveys including combining results from multiple instruments for annual reporting.
- Produces audience-tailored reports of survey results
- Conducts regular surveys, annually, using Qualtrics
- Creates and conducts ad hoc surveys as needed
- Extracts and incorporates data into survey logic
- Annual Institutional Update (AIU)
- Improves and maintains the AIU process
- Engages in continuous improvement of AIU dictionaries and FAQ
- Extracts data from IPEDS and other sources to use in the AIU
- Serves as the primary point of contact during the AIU open period
- Research Support to Stakeholders o Provides superior service to internal and external “customers.”
- Aids stakeholders in accessing and understanding data and reports
- Engages in a process of continuously improving stakeholders’ appropriate access to data
MSCHE is seeking individuals with fluency in quantitative analytical methods and the ability to work with and understand complex data sets, experience with data cleansing, matching, and finding corrupt and redundant information, and experience creating and conducting complex surveys. Successful candidates will offer strong verbal, writing, and technological skills, impeccable attention to detail, the ability to oversee multiple complex projects simultaneously, excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work well with others and maintain ongoing coordination, communication, and/or team problem solving. Evidence of a strong customer service mindset is essential.
A Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, or a related field is required, with a minimum of one year of experience working within Higher Education and with higher education data sets. (IPEDS) and Qualtrics experience is preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Philadelphia, PA. This position is on-site and does not offer a remote work option.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via this link: Data Analyst - MSCHE
Additional inquiries can be directed to Beth Cessna at [email protected] Contact 202-232-1765.